When we headed to Goa from Mangalore for lunch!

Recollecting a crazy trip that happened 3years back.

My friend and I, were at a Salon. My friend, Aakanksha, who is getting a haircut, screams.. "Abey! We have to go out on a trip somewhere!"

Let  me give a clear picture. Aakanksha and I were roomies and we lived in a flat close to our office. We were lazy asses and never really went out much other than the local grocery shopping regularly or for retail therapies once in a while. You get the picture! It was another weekend again. Saturday. We were bored doing nothing and she wanted to go out somewhere. Hair Spa Salon, we decided. I went along only because I did not want to stay alone at home. I usually take up the fashion magazines kept at the Salon's counter and keep flipping pages without giving much attention to anything. I am never interested in getting my hair colored nor am I interested in getting a weird haircut. So, I just look at the book wondering how people manage weird looks.

It was 8.30PM when she was getting a new hairdo. And when she yelled,"Abey! We have to go out on a trip somewhere!", the hairdresser looked at me with a confused look wondering how that statement came out of her out of nowhere. I said OK and got back to the fashion magazine I was engaged with. And then I thought, Hell Yeah! We never went out on a trip even after being cool roomies for an year then.

I asked her,loud, "Goa?". She said, YESSS!! I said, OK.

We were home by 10.00PM. Took a pair of clothes each and headed to the Railway station. No confusion. No questions. We just headed straight away.

At the ticket counter, the guy behind the bars said, 220Rp(I guess! Or somewhere close to it.) We gave 440Rp. He said, "No, 220Rp for the two of you." We were overwhelmed. Goa was this cheap?? How did we never ever think of this earlier?? Shit.

And then my over-excited roomie exclaims, "We have to head to Goa every weekend if it's this cheap!!" The guy behind the bar smiled and handed the tickets to us.

They say, At times happiness doesn't last for long. Rightly said.

Both of us, being not-so-enlightened with train rides, had bought general tickets with which we boarded the Ladies compartment. Oh well, it was 11:30PM by the time we boarded the train. And we thought that it would be safe to be in a Ladies compartment for an overnight journey. And hell, we did a mistake. The ladies in the coach kept quarreling for space, for their baggage, for their God-knows-what! They just never stopped. And we kept looking at each other once in a while, repenting for the quick decision.

Early at 5am we reached Madgaon and we did not even have a hint of where or what next. We just followed the crowd heading outside the station and when people dispersed, we just kept walking towards a tiny junction where a street light was ON. And there we enquired with the local early-birds who were out for a walk, about how to reach Panjim, just because we both had heard this name. After a li'l bit of talking to the locals, we decided to head to Calangute beach. And we managed to reach the beach somehow.

We changed and headed straight to the beach. And my dear roomie was afraid of water! Which I did not know all this time. So, what next? I went into the water. She just lazed at the beach. After a while, we headed to have some food. We ordered Pasta at an Italian restaurant, something that we hardly ate. And it was more expensive that our train tickets, both ways included.

Think of this! Two non-alcoholics who are also vegetarians are in Goa! What a pity!

And what next? We head back to the room, change clothes, walk around the streets for street shopping and head back to the Railway station. Duh!

So, what actually happened? We went all the way to Goa just for a spoon of Pasta?? Yeah.

We laughed at our instant decision. Our let's-do-it attitude. Our craziness. The stupidest people on earth at that moment, I bet.

Cheers to our friendship, Love <3

Having crazier friends is always an asset. Nobody can beat you in that category, my stupid li'l girl! <3

Comments