The New Year ..the previous one!




New Year comes with resolutions. Whether you follow or not, you always make one, or more! And like always, you stick on to your routine. To hell with the resolutions! Yeah?

Well, I decided to be less of a rebel, on 1st Jan, and live with my abusive boyfriend then. I will not get into the details of how bad the relationship was, I was in love. Blind one. I was ready to give away my nature, the adamant, the bold, the wild nature, just to be tamed.

God has better plans.

I broke up! On 4th Jan! Yes, the New Year resolution did not even hold good for a week! Thank God!

Within a week of breaking up the 16-month old relationship only for the better and peaceful life, I realized that I am what I am. I need not be tamed, need not be monitored. I am a responsible human being, aware of the consequences of my actions. After long, I valued self-respect more than my relationship, which was going nowhere.

Never did I look back after that. I moved on, from the worst decision of my life. Life looked beautiful and promising. There was sunshine after the gloomy days. The dark clouds had passed making way for the brighter rays. Also realized that its not about living up to the society's expectations nor is it about being nice to people with masks. All that matters is about how you feel, how happy you are, how genuine your smile is and how you have evolved.

Friends got hitched, few colleagues had to part ways, nothing remained constant except the way I admired life.

The journey of the last 365 days has been beautiful than ever. I traveled, opened a business firm, made more friends, lived life. Loved life. Cheers to Life!!

Lesson learnt:
You spend time and effort wondering what people think about you, only to be hit by the hard slap that they don't care. They would poke you today and forget about it tomorrow. But you, my friend, are gonna live with your success and your sorrows. Buckle up, Stay stronger, Smile often, Let go, Be kind, Enjoy the Real YOU.

The smartest thing a woman can ever learn, is to know that you never NEED a man.

Comments