Childhood..Beautiful as always! :)


                                                                  Pic Courtesy : google.


One day I was out with my niece, 6yrs old, walking down the busy market roads. I was taking her out on a walk to show the busy streets near my home. She was so happy to see the air-filled angry birds, Nemo and many more famous animated "balloon-ed" characters. Her eyes would twinkle whenever she would come across a soft toy shop or a wooden toy shop. She was interested in things like dolls,fancy earrings and cartoon lockets,etc which other girls of her age would normally be interested in.

       I got her into a store where they would make key chains and bracelets with the letter-ed beads which would make up your name. I asked her if she wants to have a key chain kinda thing so that she can hang it to her school bag or a bracelet which she could flaunt on her wrist. She went for a bracelet. She carefully picked up the beads which would make her name ..T-R-I-S-H-A. All beads in different color tied up with a bright blue thread looked beautiful on her hands. And she had a feeling like that of having a tiara on her head. I felt nice too.


      Then we went to munch on some hot cutlets as it was the beginning of monsoons and the weather was getting chilled up. While we were busily hogging the heart-shaped cutlets served on our plates, a small family came and sat at the table next to ours. Mom-Dad-Son.They hardly exchanged few words while placing their order. Son was describing what had happened at school that day. In a li'l while, Dad started shouting at Son about the scores he had got in his last test. And he went on shouting so much that my li'l niece got disturbed badly. She went quiet for a while. I was worried if she was being affected by all whats happening in the neighbourhood. I gently held her hands and asked if something is wrong. She quietly asked," Why is that Uncle so bad? Why is he shouting?". I had to make sure that she does not get scared about what bad scores at school can get her into. So I softly said," Uncle is not happy", trying to hide the "because of the score"-part !


       And what she said next was so beautiful and cute. She said," Ask Uncle's name". I was surprised about what was in his name. "Why do you want that uncle's name?", I asked. "Arrey! Ask for his spelling as well. Lets make him a Beads-Bracelet . He would be happy!!", said my niece. I mean, how simple and innocent childhood could be. Is there any need to grow up and get complex?? I wonder!! 

Comments